Designed to client needs
An important characteristic of "Management Practice Events" is their flexibility. They can be designed to fit many of your unique training objectives and they can easily be integrated into a variety of corporate seminars. Use it as a stand-alone training tool or even better, use it as the concluding portion of a longer training event that also features other tools like lectures, readings, workshops, cases, etc.
In general, our seminars are designed for 9-30 people per industry of 3-5 companies and last 3-5 days. We also offer more condensed workshops lasting 1-2 days.
"Management Practice Events" are run by our successful executives and experience has shown that they are even more effective when a client representative as well as clients' management participate in the event delivery. Also see: examples of past events.
Each practice event is designed to your needs following a rigorous 5 step process.
Clarify client's needs, goals, constraints and target participants
Analyze the gap between existing and desired competencies for the participants
Agree on event components
the strategy process
business driver identification
Decision aid and management tools
understanding of self and others,
effective meeting techniques
effective presentation techniques
Method of transferring learnings into participants daily business and current projects
"learnings applied" process
Agree on event set-up details
location or online or hybrid
internal promotion and top management support
Choose best computer based simulation
among our existing portfolio of simulations
decide to custom make a simulation.
An event integrates and puts into practice all skills (hard & soft) required for leading a complex business such as :
- Strategy development
- Key success principles in marketing and sales
- Managing cross-functional /departmental conflicts
- Understand finance and profitability drivers (EVA, S/H value, etc.)
- Knowing your strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding others and active listening
- Giving positive feedback
General business abilities
- Presentation skills
- Running effective meetings
- Time and priority management
A Management Practice Event integrates 5 different teaching methods for optimum impact:
- Learning by doing: where there is more than 1 way to succeed and many possible ways to fail.
- Incidental learning: where an incredible amount is learned just by pursuing your goal
- Learning by reflection: where a coach helps the participants to think through his ideas or problems for real, "internalized" understanding
- Case-based learning: because it is the predominant way in which people think about their world
- Learning by exploring: can lead to a wide variety of discoveries motivated by curiosity based on internal needs